COAD Resource Teams
COAD Resource Teams focus on the immediate recovery activities to be implemented after a disaster to facilitate any needed response for impacted vulnerable populations.
Chair - Susan Magers
Liaison - Anna Day
• Works with developmentally disabled individuals, families, and caregivers.
• Provides information regarding education, response and recovery before and after disaster events.
• Assists with locating available resources after a disaster.
Liaison - Sue Firestone
• Provides on-going education, training and information to community-based shelter volunteers and others involved in disaster recovery.
•Collects and disseminates community resource information for aging services following a disaster.
Liaison - David Ashby
• Plans actions to facilitate the protection and care of the homeless during a disaster.
• Assists with necessary tools for effective disaster related communication to the homeless.
Mental Health and Substance Abuse
Chair - Kery Dennis
Liaison - Kim Wiles
• Works with high-risk behavioral groups.
• Provides effective response and recovery activities after disaster.
• Ensures access to critical incident stress management, crisis intervention services and information.
Youth and Families
Chair - Janet Kahn
Liaison - Nathan Scott
• Ensures that viable plans are in place for at risk youth and families..
• Provides effective response and recovery after disaster regarding resources available.